Translate

Friday, March 17, 2017

Airbus A380


I was amazed by the size of this aircraft, so I had to look up some numbers. If you would like to buy one, Airbus will be glad to add your order to its list for only $436.9 million dollars. As a standard three class aircraft it carried 525 passengers on two decks running the length of the plane. Configured as a one class economy plane it will hold 853 passengers. It has a range of 8,350 nautical miles. The take off weight is 1,268,000 pounds, or 575 tons, and yes, it does fly. Emirates Airlines is the largest owner of these planes with a current fleet of 93 aircraft and another 49 on order. Airports need special modifications to allow these planes to load and unload passengers. 

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing sight! It must be staggering to see one of these up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry TFG but that's way to much aeroplane in the air at one time, I just couldn't ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the name airbus to be amusing. A tour bus is much more comfortable than commercial airplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, guess I will have to put that on my Christmas list. great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge. I have flown a lot but have never been on an Airbus A380.

    ReplyDelete